Monday 27 October 2008

Cheesy prawn delight

Nearing lunchtime I found myself heading towards my favourite area of the kitchen - the fridge. Opening the door I was agast at how little was still in there, and so decided that instead of draggig myself to the local tesco I would conjure up something easy and simple with the few things I found.
You'll need:
Prawns
cheese
pesto
rice
oil

that's all!!

This is such a simple dish that anybody (even people claiming not to be able to cook) can make.
All you need to do is boil some rice for roughly 10 minutes and while you are doing so rinse the prawns, trickle a bit of oil into your frying pan then when the oil is frying nicely tip the prawns in too. Give the prawns a little mix up until they are turning a light brown colour and add a couple of teaspoons of pesto to the pan. Mix this up until the prawns are all pestoey and yummy and turn off the heat. Make sure the rice is ready and tip everything into a bowl and sprinkle lots of cheese (preferably red leister) on top!! Trust me, it's a gorgeous dish because the prawns compliment all the other ingredients and its healthy as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment