Saturday 25 October 2008

good ol' fashioned tea

I am a big tea drinker, particularly in the region of traditional 'breakfast' tea (a posh name for pg tips, tetley etc). Breakfast tea being a bit of a lost concept as I drink gallons of the stuff all day everyday! However just recently my dad let me try proper breakfast tea. Not the stuff in bags, but the leaves that you stick at the bottom of your mug (although really you should be going all out for etiquette and using a cup)and then strain through....well a strainer.. for a fresher taste. I was amazed at how different the sensation in my mouth was, lighter, definately fresher and altogether uplifting. This will now be known for me as Saturday morning tea, and while I make do with PG and Tetley for the rest of the week there appears to be a little light at the end of the tunnel, and it's tasty.

2 comments:

  1. I love tea as well, I drink 2 cups at a time when I have it, one cup just isn't enough - and the cups I use are huge - I must drink litres of the stuff everyday!

    White, No Sugar!

    Kisses Twinkle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. try mixing in a bit of honey with your tea, but only if it's a fruit one, although who knows, milk and honey tea may be quite tasty!

    ReplyDelete