Wednesday 19 November 2008

A feast for your eyes

Has anyone decided to treat themselves this year to a trolley-full of cookery books brought out by people like Jamie Oliver or Gary Rhodes? Being a massive Nigella fan I am in tense anticipation of her latest Christmas-related literary feast of words. Whether she is bringing out a cookery book or not I'll still be looking foward to any programs or articles that she takes part in, having recently seen her in RED magazine giving readers a taste of her life leading up to the big day. Does anyone particularly favour another cook? Or will anyone be copying their favourite chef's Christmas menu this year? Thoughts please!

2 comments:

  1. Well, to my surprise I am really enjoying Delia's latest prog about how to cheat at cooking! I thought it would be awful, but she creates some really delicious-looking stuff out of freezer food and tins. I'm hooked, and may well ask for her book to go with the series for my Christmas stocking!
    Yarmouth Bloater

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your reply! Delia does seem to have gone up in many people's estimations as a genuinely clever and excting cook. What is so appealing I think is that she uses many ingredients that you are likely to have already in your kitchen, and makes it look so easy and quick. Many people these days appear to be put off by cooking because of the fact it will take a long time but she dispels this!

    ReplyDelete